Key Success Factors in Six Sigma Deployments
In a time of economic uncertainty Six Sigma is the methodology that delivers consistent, defect free products and business processes. For corporations like GE, Honeywell (AlliedSignal), the Mayo Clinic, Boston Scientific it has been a game changer. For their competition it has been a nightmare. Six Sigma is a proven scientific approach to reducing process variation, reducing cost, reducing complexity and improving business reliability. Some organisations achieve incremenetal improvement, others breakthrough in quality cost and speed. Here are some key success factors for Six Sigma deployment. Contact us to day for help in any of these ares.
1. Have a deployment plan.
2. Active participation of senior management, in SME's that is the whole management team.
3. Review projects regularly and in a set format.
4. Provide technical support. (ARV Excellence coaches will, when feasible, provide support on line or by phone in addition to site visits).
5. Resource projects correctly: right people with the right amount of time and authority.
6. Train people to deliver results. Tailor the training for your needs. (ARV Excellence trains people to deliver projects, not just to pass multiple choice exams but to advance their career and to deliver real value for your organisation. We also provide speciaist training for life science and medical device companies.)
8. Select the right projects. (ARV Excellence provides project selection support and in identifying opportunites).
9. Track and manage projects.
10. Provide incentives. Recognize and reward achievement. Celebrate success.
11. Provide a safe environment: Don't shoot the messenger.
12. Engage your strategic suppliers. Their costs, quality and ability to deliver are, ultimately, yours.
13. Use Six Sigma to delight your customer. It’s not all about bottom line improvement through cost reduction. By choosing projects that compress cycle times or extend to your customer processes you can improve loyalty and your order book.
ARV Excellence provides in house and open enrolment training and consultancy.
ARV Excellence Ltd. +353 61 448508. email@example.com.
© 2008 ARV Excellence Ltd.
Better Results 2013...read more»
Repeatable Inspections. A Pragmatic Service....read more»
IBEC's Pharmachemical Ireland host Quality By Design: A Systematic Approach to Pharmaceutical Development, Approval and Manufacturing...read more»
Breakthrough Cost Improvement Service...read more»
"Validation and Six Sigma" Article in Medical Device Technology Europe Nov 2008...read more»
Integrating Operational Excellence and Risk Management Approaches; Tools for Achieving Breakthrough in Economic Medical Device Manufacturing...read more»
HACCP - Medical Device Risk Management - UK Dates 13-14 November - NEC Birmingham...read more»
Dr. Kaiser J. Aziz, former FDA Director, Division Mechanics and Materials Science, joins ARV Excellence...read more»
Pharmaceutical Risk Managment: HACCP...read more»
Medical Device Quality System Design Control Master Class...read more»